This is what we ride – 2016 Haibike SDURO FullNine RX full suspension mountain bikes. Both of us have covered about 2500km on them (our first ebikes) in the year since we acquired them. They have been reliable, comfortable, and really a delight to ride.
This is not a sporty enduro bike. Nor is it a high tech downhill maverick. It’s more a relaxed off road cruiser and in that role it’s fabulous and it climbs like a mountain goat – even on technical single tracks. Downhill is a different story. It’s a large bike and the 29″ wheels and limited suspension travel curtail its and the rider’s enthusiasm somewhat. That’s not to say that you can’t do technical downhill single tracks (I have. And at a mildly respectable speed) it’s just that the guys on bikes like the Haibike AllMtn are going to ride away from you.
What we like:
- 29” Wheels make for great comfort and ride.
- The Yamaha PW-System comes on in an instant – no delay when pedalling. Seating position is fairly upright, suitable for the touring and trail riding that we do.
- The Yamaha multifunction display and controller are a joy to use – great info and ease of control.
- Colour scheme is very distinctive.
- Detachable battery is great when the bike needs to be transported on the back of the car.
- Large brake rotors/powerful brakes make one finger breaking a cinch.
- Double chain ring in front. High spec.
- Shimano components.
What we like less:
- The Yamaha PW-System peaks out on peddling cadence quite quickly. This has implications when you are trying to get up a steep incline, for example.
- I would prefer a little more suspension travel. With just 100mm front and rear, things bottom out quite quickly on bumpy, downhill single track. Probably riding it beyond its design spec. Still, 120mm would be nice…
- The Yamaha handle bar controller for changing power settings is very poorly made. Both of ours have broken and needed to be modified.
- They are no longer available commercially in South Africa.
- With the 29” wheels, smaller riders find the bikes quite big.
- Frame size: Roger: 45cm. Pat: 40cm.
- Wheel Size: 29” 2.3 tyres.
- Suspension: 4 Link. Fox Float.
- Fork: FOX 32 Float Performance Air Suspension, 100mm travel.
- Shock: RockShox Monarch RT.
- Brakes: Shimano SLX M 675. Front – 203mm. Rear – 180mm.
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Deore XT Shadow Plus, 20-Speed.
- Motor: Yamaha PW-System 36 Volt. 250W. 70nm touque.
- Battery: Yamaha Li-Ion. 36 Volt. 400W. Power Modes: Off, Eco+, Eco, Standard and High.
- Mass: 22.45kg
- Battery Mass: 2.94Kg.